MacBook wireless very unstable

Reaction score
As i have read, there seems to be many problems with MacBooks wireless.

My girlfriend has MacBook with Tiger (all the latest updates installed), and it keeps loosing internet connection too often. There can't be problem with routers, because same problem occures in different wireless networks and as i personally have pc (with linux/win), my own computer has never had this problem.

Airport status keeps changing every second between these two:

Connected to the internet via Ethernet

Status not available.

Also Skype keeps singning in and out all the time. Anyone has any suggestion how to make this thing more stable?

Reaction score
I've recently replaced my old D-link router with a new AirPort Extreme.

In the old network, PCs were happy but the AirPort on my MacBook was unstable.

In the new network, both PC and Mac operate a lot faster under the 802.11n wireless network.

Seems like the AirPort has problems with some of the older equipment, or maybe there are compatibility issues with external vendors. For whatever reason, I'm sure it is related to hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iBook, iPod Nano, iPod Touch
Yeah, lame... I have the same issue. I'm running a MacBook with OSX 10.4.11 with all my current updates. I am using a Belkin N Wireless Router, and my 3 year old slower then crap PC has no issue staying connected. However my Mac does. It will show that it is still connected, and everything looks ok, it just wont load any web pages. I have to turn off my airport card then turn it back on. Why? I though MAC's were supposed to be better then PC's when it came to this stuff?

Reaction score
I personally had no trouble so far what so ever with my airport connection (home, uni, friend's house, hot spots) but it sounds like that maybe some routers just don't work that well with the airport module in the macbooks.

Reaction score
Same problem here. I have a netgear n router and everything thing else on my network works great but my mac book and apple was no help in solving the problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.