Office 2008: I want

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi
Anyone have any final release info? I have the beta running on my Mini but it's missing a few features that I would have to have to upgrade.

Being a recent convert, 6 months ago, from a PC; I really miss Outlook 2008. For reference I could care less about the other Office titles. Excel maybe, but Pages kicks Words booty. I use Exchange for the small business and enjoy the over the air sync to my WindowsMobile device. Ahh if only my iPhone would over the air sync...

So I am missing these things with Entourage 2004 and 2008b:

- Exchange based category sync
- Exchange bases ToDo Sync

Anyone here know if either of these are going to release on the Jan 15th Office2008 version?

Thanks for reading the ramble...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Howdy. Have you followed the notes on Mac Mojo?

My guess is that Entourage might be the weakest link in 2008.

OP
JohnJohn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi
Howdy. Have you followed the notes on Mac Mojo?

My guess is that Entourage might be the weakest link in 2008.

Yeah, I have been following that blog and google'ing. I can't seem to find a definite answer anywhere. In my searching I found quite a few people who are wondering about these two issues, along with others. These seem to have some common ground though.

Unfortunately if these issues are a common need, I would think that we would have and answer, if the answer was positive. Too bad really..

After Jan 15th I will have to do some soul searching and decide if I want to keep costly Exchange.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.