Cant see other computers on my Network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16ghz White
Help I can't see other computer's on my network I used to be able to in 10.4 by clicking on my hardrive then hitting the network icon in devices but this icon has gone!! Can you tell me how I can see my network please?

Please Please Please Help I'm really starting to worry now!

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
In the Finder window under Devices there is a Shared section. I the computers are sharing something they will show up there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
If you know the IP address of the machine try,

Connecting to an SMB (Windows) server
smb://<ip address> eg.: smb://192.168.1.2

Connecting to an NFS server
nfs://<ip address>

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16ghz White
Sorry I may not have made this clear. Last night I had 10.4 installed and it was talking to the network no problem. I was able to put files on my external hard drive but now after installing Leopard it recognizes that their is a network hence me being able to access the internet. However for some reason it wont show any devicecs on the network not even my BT Home Hub is there any reason for this that you nice people can think of?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16ghz White
Have an new problem now! I can see the external HDD now but for some reason it is coming up as a PC server any ideas what I should now?

Reaction score
One solution for 10.5 network problems

Hi all

I came upon this while searching for the same solution - all my computers on my network were coming up in 10.4 but when I switched to 10.5 they all disappeared. I read solutions ranging from typing unix commands to finding all the IP addresses and mapping directly.

The solution for me was this: Keep doing software update until you get the last 10.5.2 update and the latest firmware update (my Macbook Pro is now MBP31.0070.B02). And then shutdown. Reboot and see if that works. Worked for me. Now I can see all the other Mac and PC's on my network and share files just like the old days of 10.4.

Hope this helps someone!

Jason
www.revolutionaudio.ca

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.