A Question About Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB Memory, 500 GB RAM, 256 MB Graphics
I have a 20" iMac that I bought a little over a year ago. I want to get Leopard to run on it. I remember that when Vista came out, they told people not to buy it for old PC models. I was wondering if it is the same for Leopard. Will it work on my computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
It will work fine on it. I know a few people running Leopard on Macs that are over 3 years old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
Check my specs to the left. Bet pretty much like yours. I installed Leopard a couple of weeks ago. Everything as-represented. Lost nothing (data, programs, settings) gained everything promised. Everything runs a little faster, too.

(And I'm no techie. If little old paranoid me can do it, anyone can.)

You'll love it. Go ahead.

Reaction score
Go for it man, your machine will run Leopard just fine! Enjoy it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Even Vista's not that bad. You have to have a really old PC not to be able to run Vista, but the press jumped on the fact you did need at least a 5 year old graphics card to see the transparent efects - shock horror.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Unlike Microsoft, Apple make both computers and the operating system by their own. This will make sure that you get the best out of your Mac even it is bit old.

Click here to find out the system requirements.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.