Skype for Mac

Reaction score
I've downloaded the newest version of Skype. My IMac is a G3 processor with a 10.3.9 OS; 512 MB Ram.
When I first downloaded Skype I was able to get connected to my friend in Israel, no problem. Altho' we couldn't see and hear well at all. Now suddenly tho' my Skype keeps crashing as soon as we get connected.
Do you think there's any hope I can run Skype with what I've got or will I have to get another computer which of course I can't afford to do!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
It could be your connection timing out. Might not be your computer at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I run Skye for Mac all the time, with full bidirectional video and audio, to family up in Canada. It works very well. What type of webcam are you using? I am using an external iSight if that helps. Anyway, the good news is that it does work, at least on a G5 with an iSight!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage
Go back to the older version and see if it works. I thought the newest version was for Leopard, if that's what you are running disregard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.