Install CDs

Reaction score
Hello

I just got a new ibook, and recieved 2 grey coloured CDs.
being curious to see what was on them, i popped them in to my Windows XP machine to see if i could view the content. but not appeared.

is there something on the CD's the prevents be from seeing this information? or is there a possiblity that the CDs are blank.

I'm new to the life of mac, and want to ensure that in the event that something should happen to it, i do have the ability to reinstall.

Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't know - but what happens when you pop them into your iBook?
Especially since that's the only place you'll ever need to pop them into.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Isn't there anything written on them? Usually, the installation DVDs are grey. If you want to see the content, why don't you check it out on your iBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Why on Earth did you put them in your Windows machine? Put them in your iBook to see what's on them...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Hello

I just got a new ibook, and recieved 2 grey coloured CDs.
being curious to see what was on them, i popped them in to my Windows XP
The media you have are the recovery disks that came with the system. You use those to re-install the default operating system that was initially on your system out of the box.

As was stated use your iBook if you want to view the contents of the disk. The media maybe in a format that windows can not read.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.