Opening a password-protected WordPerfect file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Current iPhone and iPod owner, Future Mac Owner
Several years ago I used to keep all my personal journals in WordPerfect format, and I made the file password-protected (I was using a family computer at the time).

Now I'm think about transferring the contents of those journals over to a blog site, but I seem to have forgotten the passwords on these documents. I know it was something simple and obvious, but it completely escapes me now.

Is there some way to hack a password-protected WordPerfect document, maybe using some other application?

I'm using Windows, by the way (not yet a Mac owner :( )

Thanks....

OP
DSCole312
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nevermind... I finally remembered the password. :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Its funny, you're going to take your password protected journal files that a couple years ago you didn't even want your family to read, and post them on the internet for EVERYBODY to read. I just find that ironic, but I am glad you solved your problem, good luck with your blog.

OP
DSCole312
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, once I read what was in some of those journals, I decided that some things are best left private. Most of it would have been a waste of server space, anyway.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Just save them for your memoirs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.