Bonjour printer driver help needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.0
I bought the new iMac....an Apple Extreme Router...and an HP C4280 Photosmart printer (from the Apple Store) and the printer doesn't appear to be supported by Bonjour so I can print wirelessly from my WinXP laptop. I've installed the drivers on the Mac and the PC and all is good when directly connected, but if I print from the PC all I get it gibberish. Bonjour can't find the right driver (*.inf file) so it assigns a generic driver. A call to Apple support yielded 2 technicians, 87 minutes and absolutely no help. Any guidance/help would be appreciated, otherwise I flushed money on a router and a printer, as I had good Linksys gear and a good printer (that wasn't Mac compatible). Thanks!!

Reaction score
I'd assume you are using 10.5 with having a new iMac .... if you've just bought this gear I'd be surprised if you can't try to return it since you've been having a right royal go at it to no avail.

Printers and computers can be hard to configure especially if you aren't there in person. There's a really good article here somewhere on Mac-Forum that I wonder if it may help you, although I don't know about any possible conflicts with incompatible drivers etc seeing as you possibly have Leopard installed ...

I'll have a look for that article and come back and edit this post when I find it ...

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.0
To clarify my OS

I'm not running Leopard....I've got one with Tiger on it....bought it about a week before Leopard came out. I'm not a big fan of being a test dummy for new operating systems, that's why my PC's run XP and not Vista. Maybe after SP2...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.