No ISP = No Viruses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
Is Windows still susceptible to viruses if you do you have not have an ISP installed on that partition of your HD ?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
ISP - Internet Service Provider
This is not something that gets installed on your computer, this is the company through which you have internet access, whether that be with dial-up, cable, DSL, FIOS or other.

Some ISP's do provide their own software and /or browser to access the internet.

If you do not have an ISP, you would not have access to the internet. No access to the internet and it would be much harder to get a virus. You would have to load a disk that has a virus on it to get one.

I have seen an MS Operating system disk with a virus on it.

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let me try again...

Is Windows still susceptible to viruses if you do not use the internet on the Window partition through Boot Camp ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Let me try again...

Is Windows still susceptible to viruses if you do not use the internet on the Window partition through Boot Camp ?

Yes. If a file is opened on the partition and it includes a virus that partition will be affected.

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
O, so I don't have to go to a web sight or open any mail in order to receive any viruses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
O, so I don't have to go to a web sight or open any mail in order to receive any viruses.

Correct. Say someone comes over with a burned cd and says they have a cool program to show you. You insert it and open the file. If the file contains a virus it will affect the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Anytime you open a file from another computer, there is the potential for a virus infection.

"Viruses" that spread across networks like the Internet are technically worms.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.