Speed

Reaction score
I own a G4 Power pc whith a 440mhz processor with 1.5 Ghz of ram and my G4 is quite slow, I run 10.3.9 OS should I go back the the old version 9 or what.
I can't even look at a simple video, it give the answer that the computor is to slow, 80G HD, just install a DVD burner and work well, (come from my PC), just opening the file viewer take a long time, maybe 15 to 30 second and this is good for all application, should I upgrade for a bigger processor and what processor can my motherboard can take.
Thank

OP
thrinfo
Reaction score
I've got lot of space available on my HD and I even tried Onyx to do a maintenance job with no result.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
it really depends on what kind of videos you are watching, your computer can not handle anything of high resolution.

I would say if you gone as long as you have with out buying a new computer just bite the bullet and get a new mac, it will save you a lot of frustrations trying to get a 10 year old computer to perform like you bought it yesterday.

Reaction score
You're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Your processor is too slow to run some videos properly when using OS X. But if you go back to OS 9, you'll run into JavaScript and other problems on a lot of sites (I'm running OS 9 full time, and this JavaScript is much too old); videos on some sites simply won't show up.

Upgrading the processor likely would be a waste of money because other parts of the computer would remain as slow as ever. Especially because you're into video, the machine is simply too old to do what you want or need.

If a new Mac is out of the question, perhaps a newer, used machine would fit your purposes.

OP
thrinfo
Reaction score
For the video, they are simple clip, no hd, and what I was saying was, the computor just strart and even since, just opening a file is complicated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.