how do i put applications on the bottom dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6ghz 2gb ram 17" 'shiny' macBook Pro
I installed Firefox but it won't show up in the bottom dock. How do I add it to the bottom dock?

thanks,

-e

M

MacHeadCase

You just go to the Applications folder, grab Firefox's icon and drag and drop it in the dock, on the left side of the trash separator. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
And if you want to remove it from the dock later, just drag it off of the dock and let it go onto your desktop, and poof.. its gone. But no worries cause its still in your applications folder if you want to put it back.

Good Luck!

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks all!

If you haven't figured out, I dont know much about macs.

Reaction score
Just to add to the above, anytime you launch an App/Utility that's not already in your Dock, whether you use Spotlight to find the app or launch it straight to your Apps folder, you can always keep the App/Utilities icon in your Dock by right-clicking it's Dock icon and selecting "Keep In Dock".

picture_2-20071130-163542.jpg

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Spawn__Dooley;538549 said:
Just to add to the above, anytime you launch an App/Utility that's not already in your Dock, whether you use Spotlight to find the app or launch it straight to your Apps folder, you can always keep the App/Utilities icon in your Dock by right-clicking it's Dock icon and selecting "Keep In Dock".

picture_2-20071130-163542.jpg

How do I right click on the macbook pro so I can select the "Keep in Dock"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
How do I right click on the macbook pro so I can select the "Keep in Dock"?

Spawn__Dooley;538589 said:
Press/hold Command as you click on the icon ... that's the equivalent.

Along with holding Control while you click, you can set up your trackpad so that it allows a right click.

System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Trackpad > Check the box that says "Clicking" and then also select that box that says "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click"

Once you've done that, you'll be able to gently tap the trackpad with two fingers simultaneously and have a right click. IMO, it makes things much faster. :)

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Along with holding Control while you click, you can set up your trackpad so that it allows a right click.

System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Trackpad > Check the box that says "Clicking" and then also select that box that says "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click"

Once you've done that, you'll be able to gently tap the trackpad with two fingers simultaneously and have a right click. IMO, it makes things much faster. :)

thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.