downgrading firmware

Reaction score
hi there,

my 1st post. is it possible to downgrade my ipod classic firmware from 1.2.1 to 1.1.x?

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Are you running off Windows or Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You have to download the 1.1.1 firmware from Apple first. Then go into iTunes, hold Shift and hit the Restore button. It'll give you the option to pick the firmware file you downloaded.

I'm not exactly sure how well it works on the iPod touch, but for the iPhone, downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 doesn't seem to work too well (1.1.1 to 1.02 worked just fine)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah! I'm getting my 0's and 2's mixed up.

You should just be able to do a restore on iTunes and it will restore to factory firmware settings to when you bought it.

OP
B
Reaction score
ok guys. ive tried holding down shift and restore but it doesnt ask for my firmware file. ive also tried euph's method which does not work.

the ipod is 5th gen and running 1.2.1

please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
id like to get rid of the latest firmware from apple on my iphone, i think its 1.1.2??

safari does nothing but crash. ive tried lots of stuff, but i must be missing something. the iphone just wont downgrade to 1.1.1 or anything previous, that i have on my machine in .ipsw

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok guys. ive tried holding down shift and restore but it doesnt ask for my firmware file. ive also tried euph's method which does not work.

the ipod is 5th gen and running 1.2.1

please help!!

AH! I thought you bought it when it was at 1.1.1.
I can't think of any way other than searching a few pages of Google.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
id like to get rid of the latest firmware from apple on my iphone, i think its 1.1.2??

safari does nothing but crash. ive tried lots of stuff, but i must be missing something. the iphone just wont downgrade to 1.1.1 or anything previous, that i have on my machine in .ipsw

Ya, the latest version is 1.1.2. I don't know a lot about downgrading the iPhone. I'm always worried about downgrading, then not being able to use the AT&T service.

OP
B
Reaction score
can someone post a link where i can download the 1.0.x or 1.1.x firmware and sig files for a 5th gen ipod? thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.