iTunes Song info on Dock Icon mouse-over?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHz C2D 1GBRAM 120GBHDD Red Apple Logo. :)
Okay, I have looked and looked for a plugin that does this and can't seem to find one...

I am wondering if there is a plugin for iTunes that will change the Text you see when you mouse over the iTunes Dock Icon (Just says the name of the app "iTunes"), so that it displays the name and artist of the currently playing song (Maybe "iTunes: Artist - Song Title").

I always mouse over the icon thinking I already have this feature. >< I am surprised it is not a default option.

If anyone knows of a plugin like this or an option I am overlooking, please let me know!!
THANK YOU!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I use Synergy which puts media control buttons on the menu bar. When I hover over there, it shows the track name...

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHz C2D 1GBRAM 120GBHDD Red Apple Logo. :)
I use Synergy which puts media control buttons on the menu bar. When I hover over there, it shows the track name...

Ah. Thanks for the tip.

I downloaded and installed Synergy, but just didn't find it that great. I have other programs that offer better menubar and hotkey options than Synergy, and the mouse-over on the menubar buttons was a little too slow for me.

I really want to find a plugin that will change the text on the dock from "iTunes" to, the name of the song and artist. :/

Guess I will have to wait and see if anyone comes up with something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.