Leopard Family Pack Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
Hi, my friend just purchased a family pack edition of Leopard and said he would sell me one of the keys for 50 bucks. Will this work? Will I have my own full edition of Leopard if I do this? Thanks!:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
It is against the Leopard EULA (and therefore, not legal) to do this unless you live within the same household as your friend.

Reaction score
The only exception to the "living in the same household" requirement is students who temporarily reside at school, but have their primary home as the same as the license buyer.

And no, dorm room buddies can't legally go in on buying the family pack even though they "live together" since that is not their primary residence.

OP
Rizzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
I see..but what does the "key" give you? Is it a full running Leopard operating system...no different than the one included in the single person version or is it different?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Besides not having the disk available for any future installation you may need, the drivers for a windows bootcamp partition, etc. - it is not legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.