Best way to back up Leopard to Mirror

Reaction score
I have been using SuperDuper for a long time to Backup (Mirror) my MBP's hard drive to a external Lacie Firewire Drive. I just upgraded to Leopard and see version 2.14 is not fully Leopard compatible and they are working on version 2.15 to fix that.
I know there is also a program called Carbon Copy Cloner but I really prefer SuperDuper. Should I use Carbon Copy Cloner temporarily? Has anyone used SuperDuper or know what the actual issues are and if it's at all safe to use SuperDuper with Leopard?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are some using CCC and it is probably the best one currently.
But I think most of us are waiting patiently for SuperDuper!.

A month into Leopard now, and I think I am satisfied enough with Leopard that I'll probably be overwriting my Tiger backup this weekend with CCC as a temp measure while waiting. Meanwhile, I've just been copying the documents and stuff I want saved to my Tiger backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.