Stream music from iTunes to another MacBook Pro

Reaction score
i was wondering if there was any way to create an audio stream so that both me and my friend across the hall (2 macbook pros) could play the same music in sync on our respective stereos. we are trying to get multiple rooms of synchronized music going for a dorm party. i was thinking there should be some way to do it over itunes and Computer-to-Computer wifi, but i can't figure anything out. anything without external hardware would be ideal.

Reaction score
as far as I know, there is no way to do this, without having external hardware... even then, just using itunes could be a task. Honeslty the best thing I can think of would be to run speaker wires back and fourth between the rooms...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
As far as I know, as long as both laptops are connected to the same wi-fi source, and you have the "share my music tab" ticked, you can do what you want. I have a wi-fi streamer and an iBook with wi-fi, and they can both connect at the same time to my main iTunes library which is on my iMac in the hall. You just have to be on the same connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.