Sluggish dock? heres the solution!

Reaction score
Hi, going through some forums, i found the solution for the sluggish dock on leopard, just go to terminal and type this:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver Compositor -dict deferredUpdates 0

then restart

after that all animations are smooth

let me know if this works for you, and if you see any cons by using this command. thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
what specifically does this command do
I dont think very many people (including me) are going to run this on their computer not knowing what it does

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
what specifically does this command do
I dont think very many people (including me) are going to run this on their computer not knowing what it does

Wise advice. Even if they knew what it does, people unfamiliar with Terminal commands should not mess with them, newbs especially. The Terminal is a very powerful playground and one mistake could screw up your system royally... which makes for a sad day.

OP
rhcpcjg
Reaction score
it Disables beam synchronization from Quartz Debug wich is a Developer Tools, this is a command people would use back in tiger, when they had some lag going on. And just to let you guys know, this is also posted on the official apple forum, and a lot of people had succeded at getting rid of the "sluggishness" of leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.