Problem w/ Norton AntiVirus 10.5 for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook Pro
i know that there is a very low probalitity that my mac would ever get a virus but still, one cant be too sure. idk whats going on but everytime i try and run a system sweep on my Mac HD it freezes toward the end. anways, i think i narrowed it down to corrupt files located in my Music folder because everytime i NAV freezes the file name is present and when i run a search of the file name - my Music folder is the result.

now i keep trying to run a a scan of just the Music folder by itself and same thing - toward the end of the scan it freezes still, even after i delete the "corrupted file"

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I don't know much about NAV - haven't used it since OS 9

If you are nervous about viruses, and cant get NAV to play ball try the open source ClamX, a port of the open source Clam Anti virus application.

Works well, you have to run in manually but at least isn't running in the background and hogging resources.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Norton maybe your problem. As was siggested, use something other than Norton.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Yeah....... I'd try another virus program..... dislike Norton. all it does is suck up space amongst other things.

Although I can't recommend anything since I don't use anything.... **shrugs**

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminium PowerBook G4 first gen
Meh, Norton is always loled even on a pc. Just avoid weird sites etc. Addtionally off-topic: for safer FF surf http://noscript.net/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Didn't you know Norton is a virus? Why would you go and install a virus on your mac (even though that's not possible right now)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.