iwork - Pages help please...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
I cannot understand how people get to make these very nice looking documents i know there are templates but surely there must be ways to take a blank document and make it look sexy? Can anyone help?

P.S- Sorry if this is a bit vague but im not sure how else to explain what i mean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage
Well insert pictures by dragging them into documens work with the various options for fonts, borders and such. Vague does not help. Post a document that you find well done and well go from there.

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
where is borders section?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well before you go ahead asking on how to create nice looking documents, you need to understand the basics of layout, fonts, color combinations. No matter how good a program is, if you don't understand these concepts, your document will look fuzzy. The only difference between Pages and Word, is that Pages makes it super easy to make presentable documents. Making good looking docs in Word is like...well it's like something not so good.

As for borders, I don't think you can add a border to the document as a whole, as a feature. But what you can do, is place any border (can be an image or just a coloured shape) around one page, and then select those objects (Command+click) and go to Format > Advanced > Move objects to section master. That way the images will come on all the pages that you create within the section. When you want to discontinue the border, just go to Insert > Section break.

Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.