What is the diffrence between the 2 processors?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
I have noticed that there is a processor option availble on the apple website and i was just wondering weather it is worth getting a 2.2 GHz processor over a 2.0 GHz processor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Not a big difference for 'regular' work. Get the faster processor only if you really need the extra speed, though I don't think you would considering you are buying a macbook...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Nothing wrong with the 2.0 and you wont be gaining much by shelling out the extra money for the 2.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
200Mhz.... nothing overwhelmingly or dramatically different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But don't you like get a DVD writer With the 2.2 Ghz model?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
But don't you like get a DVD writer With the 2.2 Ghz model?
He isn't asking about the differences between two MacBook models, only about the difference in the processor
I have noticed that there is a processor option availble on the apple website

OP
MacintoshMatt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
Many thanks for replying.

i will be using the macbook to edit film on imovie and final cut. will i be able to to see a huge deffrence in speed between the two processors?
and will a faster procesor seriously decrease my loading time?

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, MacintoshMatt.

Hmm. With what you want to use your Mac for, movie editing, wouldn't a model with a dedicated video card be better? Is portability a must? If not I would personally go with an iMac instead.

OP
MacintoshMatt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 gb Ipod Touch
portability is vital. because i will be taking it to college and uploading footage from there and working from home and in various deffrent places.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
i would personally recommend the macbook pro as you stated needing to use software such as final cut, you would be better off with a laptop that has a dedicated graphics card, which the macbook pro has. Unfortunately there is a big price jump between the two models, the reason i went for the macbook :).

Reaction score
It really depends on your expectations and budget.

I did programming, image/movie editing, and some CAD modeling on an older (early 07) Core 2 Duo Macbook with 2GB RAM.

In addition to some average movie editing (never more than 10 minutes), and editing 50+MB Photoshop files, I was able to render and rotate fairly complex models of an automobile rotisserie in real time with no issues. I only really got bogged down when I tried importing extremely complex 3D models such as an entire automobile. I'm guessing that has to do a lot with the non-MB's poor OpenGL performance.

My point is that you can certainly shave some time off here and there with a more expensive model, but unless you absolutely need (and can afford) the cutting edge you'll be happy with a MB.

I like the MB so much I'm upgrading to a new 2.0GHz Macbook with 4GB. I was going to go for 2.2, but I really don't need the drives and 200MHz and I'd rather have quadruple the ram and still save a $100.

As an aside, it would have been nice to get an Air. I was so disappointed when I heard the specs - especially the default PATA drive. If they can squish a little bit more into by this Fall, I'll be first in line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
Not a big difference for 'regular' work. Get the faster processor only if you really need the extra speed, though I don't think you would considering you are buying a macbook...

Kind of a strange assumption. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Kind of a strange assumption. :|

Well if you really need speed, then you will most definitely go in for the Macbook Pro. If it's basic computing, photo editing and such 'consumeristic' tasks, then you will most definitely not benefit from the slight increase in processor speed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.