Stop app from starting up automatically

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB 667 MHz RAM OS X 10.5.x
Hi,

I have an app that keeps starting up when I start my Mac. I have looked under the Preferences -> Accounts -> Login Items, but it's not listed there. Looked in the Library -> StartupItems and System -> Library -> StartupItems folders, but nothing there either. Unticked Open at Login option on Dock Icon, but still starts up every time I log in.

Don't know where to go from here - any help will be appreciated.

Bruce

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The app is IBurst Terminal, which monitors my iBurst modem.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You've already checked the common places it would be found in the Apple preference menus. If there is no option for this in the iBurst preferences, would submit the question to them on how to turn it off. They have a couple of different places in the support section of their web site for doing so. Spawn may have more ideas, he's more seasoned with his Mac than I.

Reaction score
Are you still using the iBurst modem? Is the problem that you no longer use it but the iBurst Terminal keeps loading nevertheless?

iBurst Terminal is probably not something you can disable as long as you use the iBurst modem ... is it definitely an app? Is it in your Apps folder? Or is it something that is just part of the System Prefs ~> Network ~> PPPoE configurations for your internet connection?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm only using iBurst Modem for another month but wanted a heads-up on how to get rid of it once I'm done. It is an app and is in the Applications folder, but you're probably right in saying it's part of the whole modem installation. I will uninstall the modem at the end of the month and see if it goes away.

Thanks for suggestions.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry for the delay in posting back. Eventually stopped using iBurst and uninstalled modem and terminal using uninstall app that came with it - problem solved!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.