which is better for 15 inch MBP?

Reaction score
Is it better for me to buy the 2.2 gHZ Macbook Pro and manually install 4 GB of ram on it, or will it be better to buy the 2.4 gHZ macbook pro and not install additional RAM? Is it worth it to upgrade to 2.4gHz from 2.2gHZ RAM, considering it costs an additional $500.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
More RAM is the better choice 90% of the time. This is one of those times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Your getting a faster processor, twice the video RAM, and a bigger hard drive for that extra 500 bucks.

Go with the 2.4...its much easier to upgrade the ram later down the road than it is video memory or processor speed.

OP
O
Reaction score
^Is it worth the 500 dollar upgrade if I'm not doing anything "hardcore" on it (just word, internet, etc)... Will it seem dramatically faster then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
^Is it worth the 500 dollar upgrade if I'm not doing anything "hardcore" on it (just word, internet, etc)... Will it seem dramatically faster then?

Probably not, but still....buy the best you can afford. It will prolong how long it takes to upgrade later down the road.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.