Another Switcher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Alm 2.4Ghz iMac 750Gb HD 4Gb Ram
Just ordered my first Mac - 20" iMac 2.4Ghz / 750Gb drive / 1 Gb RAM (but ordered 4Gb kit from OWC).

Can't wait to play!

Still confused on the best option to take regarding a Leopard upgrade (upgrade / archive / clean install).

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sounds like you got a nice rig on the way there green. And you've found a great place here. Make sure you check through the stickies in the Switcher's forum, especially the one by eric. Another switcher from about a year ago. Some very helpful info there for everyone coming from the windows realm.

You may not have to worry about it, hopefully they've already shipped all the machines that had Tiger on them and you'll get Leopard.

But if not, go with the Archive method. This will keep all the apps pre-installed on your rig without having to worry about re-installing anything. No reason to go with a clean install on a new rig. Simple upgrade may work, but just heard too many issues and for myself, can't go there even on a new system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.