Safari 3: Can't Upload Files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
I had this problem with the beta and I just recently updated the system to 10.4.11, and that supposedly included the full blown Safari 3 (which also released with Leopard).

The problem I'm having is when I go to upload, host, or attach a file (to an email in an online inbox service) in safari, it lets me use finder to get the file but when I hit attach it just goes to an error page. Here's an example:

Attaching a picture to the forum signature picture:

Then I click Save Signature, and this page loads in about 0.1 seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Could it be some sort of security setting of mine?

This is resulting in me having to run Firefox every once in a while whenever I want to use files. I can download everything fine through Safari, but not upload.

OP
mikepugs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nobody has any ideas? Shoot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
I had this problem a while back, but when I updated to 10.4.11 it works now. You said you have installed the update. I have reset safari since then, so maybe you can try that.

Dunno though, I thought about posting this exact same thread, but then it just started working.

OP
mikepugs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What do you mean by restarting safari? Quitting the program and rebooting it, or actually reinstalling it?

For me quitting and restarting still doesn't fix it :/

Reaction score
Do you use Safari Enhancer? I'm not sure if it's compatible with Safari 3 but I think it can mess with Safari's ability to write to it's cache ... this is a possible answer to the error you see. Safari need to temporarily write to cache before it can upload.

Try turning the cache on again if it's been disabled.

OP
mikepugs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there a specific place where you toggle cache on or off? I don't see it in the settings however under file there is an empty cache button..

I'm not using Safari Enhancer, no.

M

MacHeadCase

In the menubar, below Safari you can click on Empty Cache and if that doesn't work you can always click on Reset Safari be aware that this will delete all your cookies.

OP
mikepugs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope, still won't work :(

I guess I'll just have to get by using both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.