Airport Unstable, Brand new MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the brand new MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa, and also Wireless-N)

My Problem is that the wireless network connection (WEP KEY, 802.11g)
is very unstable i run Tiger, and also Vista, on both it randomly disconnects. ON Mac Os X it sometimes, but really only sometimes reconnects. And on Vista it reconnects 90% of the time. I have no Idea why. This happens when the notebook is plugged in or out.
Any Advice?
cause it's getting really annoing lately, especially under Mac OS X i have to enter the WEp key every time again.

PS: i can't change it to a WPA key not yet (i have to convince my father)

All other Notebooks in our house work fine without connection drops.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi,
I have the brand new MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa, and also Wireless-N)

My Problem is that the wireless network connection (WEP KEY, 802.11g)
is very unstable i run Tiger, and also Vista, on both it randomly disconnects. ON Mac Os X it sometimes, but really only sometimes reconnects. And on Vista it reconnects 90% of the time. I have no Idea why. This happens when the notebook is plugged in or out.
Any Advice?
cause it's getting really annoing lately, especially under Mac OS X i have to enter the WEp key every time again.

PS: i can't change it to a WPA key not yet (i have to convince my father)

All other Notebooks in our house work fine without connection drops.

Make sure SSID broadcast is enabled and switch to WPA. Tell your father that if you're running WEP, you might as well have no security at all because it can broken in less than 5 minutes by anyone with even a modicum of savvy.

For more advice, see the Wireless Networking FAQ...

OP
C
Reaction score
And we also use a MAC Adress Filtering. And yes the SSID isnt't broadcasting. I'll tell him to broadcast SSID and change to WPA. Cause not Broadcasting SSID also puts problems on my PSP..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
And we also use a MAC Adress Filtering. And yes the SSID isnt't broadcasting. I'll tell him to broadcast SSID and change to WPA. Cause not Broadcasting SSID also puts problems on my PSP..

Turn MAC filtering off too, it's completely useless. Once you're running WPA/WPA2 and have SSID broadcast enabled, you'll be very secure and you'll stop having reliability problems. For some reason, the Airport drivers prefer certain configurations - and that seems to be the magic mix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.