Loggin on to the internet

Reaction score
This is my 1st apple and I like it a lot. When I first got the imac it took just a few seconds to load the internet page. Now when I try loggin onto Firefox the page hangs for 30 seconds or so and says it can not establish a connection. Once I hit the re-connect button it connects immediately. This only happens after the computer has put itself to sleep or when I first power up. I have the mac that uses the OS-X operating system. Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be? Or am I just being impatient? Thanks guys......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
make sure you have th emost up to date operating system installed with all updates....go to system preferences and update through there, restart and then see if you still have the same problem

in this case it can be one of two things, your imac or your router/internet connection
-chris

OP
S
Reaction score
make sure you have th emost up to date operating system installed with all updates....go to system preferences and update through there, restart and then see if you still have the same problem

in this case it can be one of two things, your imac or your router/internet connection
-chris

Does anyone know how to tell if it's the computer or the router? what can I do to diagnose the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
if you are connecting through wireless from your router, try and use a cable from your router to your imac and see if your connection is still slow. If it is then try and see if it is still slow when you connect your imac to your cable modem. if it isn't then it's your router. If it is slow when connected to your cable modem then it's your internet that's having a problem. There are tools you can use that are free to monitor your bandwidth and monitor the consistency of your connection also...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.