How to get Firefox/Safari to share bookmarks.html on same computer

Reaction score
Hello,
I am not looking to share bookmarks across several computers. I want Safari and Firefox to use the same bookmark.html file on the same computer. Is it possible to tell either of these browsers where to find its bookmarks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Both browsers use different ways to manage bookmarks so I don't think they can share the bookmarks. I would suggest you use something like de.icio.us bookmarks or something....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Goobi is right... sharing isn't gonna happen. Best alternative is to use some application that can read bookmarks from both browsers and use that. There's one I've used called AllBookmarks that puts an icon in the menu bar and will list the bookmarks from various browsers in a couple different ways. Nice thing about this app is that since the list is always on the menu bar, you can pull up a bookmark using this without having to launch the web browser first.

Reaction score
Hello,
I am not looking to share bookmarks across several computers. I want Safari and Firefox to use the same bookmark.html file on the same computer. Is it possible to tell either of these browsers where to find its bookmarks?

I had the same problem - may not be the best solution but I just wipe all the Firefox bookmarks and then re-import them from Safari. That way I keep the Firefox bookmarks up to date with Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got the perfect solution!

AllBookmarks adds a new item to your Mac OS X menu bar giving you quick access to all your bookmarks. All your Safari, Firefox and Flock bookmarks are shown and can be selected. AllBookmarks also gives you accesses to your 1Password 1Click bookmarks so you can navigate to a page, fill the form, and submit it, all with a single click!
1passwd_menu_items.png

And best of all, it's free!

http://allbrowserbookmarks.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Pretty neat... What about that 1Password... You think that secure?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oooh. I didn't see that lifeisabeach (amazing name btw) recommended allbookmarks much before I came in with my boastful post...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.