"show picture" reload in safari?

Reaction score
when using safari on a slow connection is there anyway to tell it reload just one picture if it fails to load the page correctly. eg if is just shows the blue ? where the photo is.

on windows you could just right click on the failed picture and load jsut that picture.

can i do this on safari without having to reload the whole page.
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I don't think so mate. I hope there's a solution to this one. As for me, I just drag that image into the tab bar to create a new tab of it. But then again, if the whole page is filled with blue icons, it does kind of suck.

However, if you reload the page, it will simply reload the page from the cache many times giving you the same blue icons. You can either hold Command+Shift+R for reloading without the cache or hold Shift and click the reload button to do the same.

OP
N
Reaction score
I don't think so mate. I hope there's a solution to this one. As for me, I just drag that image into the tab bar to create a new tab of it. But then again, if the whole page is filled with blue icons, it does kind of suck.

However, if you reload the page, it will simply reload the page from the cache many times giving you the same blue icons. You can either hold Command+Shift+R for reloading without the cache or hold Shift and click the reload button to do the same.

hmm, i dont find that. if i click reload it will eventually load all of the pics. yeh sometimes it takes 2 or 3 reloads, but it gets there in the end normally. sometimes it fails to load ones it previously showed so it cant be loading from the cache..

i just think safari doesnt like dial up internet...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Is it really a slow connection or the sites server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
I don't think there is a way. But the page when you load it will be put into your cache so if every single time you try it should speed up (ideally). if the same pictures refuses to load everytime then it is likely to be the website or there server not your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i just think safari doesnt like dial up internet...
Ah! Mee too stuck with dialup here... Btw, if you are using a shared dialup connection, that is, your dialup internet is coming from somewhere other than your mac, then lemme know. Cause I might have a smalltime solution...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
your poor people. on dial up. is broadband not available ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I do have broadband in the office with 2mbps 5GB/mo connection (2am to 8am unlimited) but broadband is just about penetrating out here in India so it might be another year until I get it in my village...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.