Finder window opens at startup...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 gHz Dual Core
When i turn on my MB Finder automatically opens up. its not a big deal just annoying as ****. Anyone out there can help me?

Thanks

Brandon

ps - Im running OS X 10.5

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Any Finder windows you leave open when you shut your computer down will automatically reopen upon startup. Make sure you close all of your finder windows at shutdown and you shouldn't see them when you start back up.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how do i close them all - i mean i'm closing everything i see before i shut down and it still is popping up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
you could've accidently right clicked on the dock and set it to " open at login " right click on finder in the dock and just check that this isnt selected...

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No open at login feature for Finder - any other ideas....how can i make sure i close everything?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
No open at login feature for Finder - any other ideas....how can i make sure i close everything?

If there are no Finder windows open, then you have closed everything. There's no special trick to it - that was just a thought.

Check your Login Items under System Preferences => Accounts => (click your account name in the left window pane> => Login Items tab.

Make sure there's nothing weird going on in there. If you have stuff that you don't recognize, remove it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
you could've accidently right clicked on the dock and set it to " open at login " right click on finder in the dock and just check that this isnt selected...

fyi. there is not a option for 'open at login' when you right click finder in the dock ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
The same thing used to happen to me so I stopped shutting down my computer. Seems to have fixed the problem: when I restart (every so often), no Finder on start up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.