Need Quick Advice..!

Reaction score
ok i just got a black macbook 2.2 last wednesday at bestbuy online and i picked it up at the store and now there is one dead pixel on the screen that really bugs me because i pay alot for this and this was my first laptop and i love it if apple refuse to fix a dead pixel will it just be best to return it to bestbuy and just get my money back and just buy a new one because bestbuys policy is that computer/laptops need to be returned within 14 days of purches..im not sure whats the best way to do this..i already called apple about this they told me to call appel store near me and i havent got the time to go there so if apple near me dont want to fix a singel dead pixel my best thing to do is return it before the 14days expire return..so what should i do?
im not in a hurry to get my macbook back or get my money back then but a new one again just want it befor christmas..

thanks..

ps sorry if this is the wrong place to post this move to correct..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
ok i just got a black macbook 2.2 last wednesday at bestbuy online and i picked it up at the store and now there is one dead pixel on the screen that really bugs me because i pay alot for this and this was my first laptop and i love it if apple refuse to fix a dead pixel will it just be best to return it to bestbuy and just get my money back and just buy a new one because bestbuys policy is that computer/laptops need to be returned within 14 days of purches..im not sure whats the best way to do this..i already called apple about this they told me to call appel store near me and i havent got the time to go there so if apple near me dont want to fix a singel dead pixel my best thing to do is return it before the 14days expire return..so what should i do?
im not in a hurry to get my macbook back or get my money back then but a new one again just want it befor christmas..

thanks..

ps sorry if this is the wrong place to post this move to correct..

Whew... did you get a breath in there? ;)

I think you pretty much answered your own question. Ask Best Buy to exchange it for another one that doesn't have dead pixels. If they won't do that, just return it and then buy another.

OP
R
Reaction score
lol yeah thanks..i know ..but yeah thanks man..also dose any one have dead pixels on there laptops? do you just live with it or you got it exchange of replace from warrenty

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol yeah thanks..i know ..but yeah thanks man..also dose any one have dead pixels on there laptops? do you just live with it or you got it exchange of replace from warrenty

I haven't seen an LCD panel with dead pixels in some time. Now that they're more commonplace, the manufacturing process are more refined. But to answer your question, no, I don't have any dead pixels in my MacBook Pro - not even in my el-cheapo AOC 17" LCD that is attached to my PC. I don't think you should have to live with it. I'm pretty sure Apple will want to replace the screen, which could take some time.

I'd do just as you suggested and hold Best Buy accountable within the 14-day return period.

Reaction score
I have one on my iBook. Actually it is a stuck pixel. Lit up like a Christmas tree. Anyway, Apple refused to return it the next day. there policy is/was something like 7 dead pixels. i could have returned it and paid the 10% open box fee, but I decided to live with it. it bothered me, but I lived with it.

With that being said, I plan on purchasing a new on in a few weeks. If there is a stuck/dead pixel I would return it...even if it meant paying the 10%. Best Buy should give you no problems. They are good about that stuff. Apple retail on the other hand...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
i have 2 stuck pixels, apple refused to fix it. They claim you need 7 to get it fixed.

OP
R
Reaction score
Good thing I didnt get it from apple..well kind of.. i return it to best buy and im getting a new one later today..must check if theres a dead pixel befor I leave dont want drive back again.. Also what cause dead pixels any way? Is it because were you store it like if its hot/cold temperture that afects the screen?or this is just the way it was manafacture...and what do they do with the screens that have dead pixel? Do they fix or just recycel it and make new one?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good thing I didnt get it from apple..well kind of.. i return it to best buy and im getting a new one later today..must check if theres a dead pixel befor I leave dont want drive back again.. Also what cause dead pixels any way? Is it because were you store it like if its hot/cold temperture that afects the screen?or this is just the way it was manafacture...and what do they do with the screens that have dead pixel? Do they fix or just recycel it and make new one?

It's just a defect in the manufacturing process. It's less common than it once was, but it's not unheard of. My guess would be that it would be sent back to Apple and eventually end up sold as a refurbished unit. They may or may not replace the screen, depending on their refurbishment process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.