video card upgrade

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who thinks that the mac-book NEEDS to drop the integrated graphics and get a decent video card? Its the same situation with the Mini and it limits you on so many things. Please voice your opinions here

Reaction score
The MacBook is an entry level notebook. If they put a bona fide video card in the MacBook, very little would separate it from the MB Pro. That wouldn't help sales to much. If you need the video card, you're going to have to pony up the cash for the Pro.

OP
BigSexy135
Reaction score
I guess that makes some sense but the price difference between the MacBook and Mac Pro is pretty big. They could at least give their higher-end MacBook a 128 mb card like the iMac's. I think they should make it more like the difference between the iMac and the Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Giving a Macbook a 128MB card would essentially be giving it the same one as the Macbook Pro, which would essentially reduce the difference between the two models to just size and material.

The majority of entry level laptops and computers have integrated graphics. It's what keeps them at the entry level price range. If you want something with more power, then you're going to have to pay for the higher end model. You can get almost all of the features you want, you just have to pay for them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
pros and mb are getting closer as the macbook now runs same ram and very close of cpu speed the graphics is the main split on this now soon i think apple will have 2 do a big change to the pro's or change the price difference

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
pros and mb are getting closer as the macbook now runs same ram and very close of cpu speed the graphics is the main split on this now soon i think apple will have 2 do a big change to the pro's or change the price difference

Dropping the 2.2 and the 128 card and making them 2.4 and 2.6 with 256 and 512 video memory respectively doesnt sound too out of line for the next upgrade to the MBP line...at least, thats what im hoping for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.