"the computer was restarted after Mac OS X (Tiger) quit unexpectedly"

Reaction score
Please Help...
I would let my brand new Mac Pro with new monitor naturally sleep, I come back to my station only to click open to a blue screen, that reads "HDMI no signal"... So hit the power button on the computer to restart it and then I get the "subject" error message. This was happening frequently before, then it stopped, so I thought I was through the weeds... Apparently not, because it happened today, and it was the last straw.. Hoping someone has an answers!!!???

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Please Help...
I would let my brand new Mac Pro with new monitor naturally sleep, I come back to my station only to click open to a blue screen, that reads "HDMI no signal"... So hit the power button on the computer to restart it and then I get the "subject" error message. This was happening frequently before, then it stopped, so I thought I was through the weeds... Apparently not, because it happened today, and it was the last straw.. Hoping someone has an answers!!!???

What you're experiencing is known as a Kernel Panic. If it's happening frequently, chances are you have a hardware problem. You should run the Apple Hardware Test from your System disc as described in this article.

If it doesn't detect any issues, you should probably run First Aid (verify and repair permissions) from Disk Utility on your system drive.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you much for the response!!!!! I did everything you suggested, and there was no problem with the hardware, and all my disk utilities were verified, and "passed"..... Um. so I hope that all is well. I dont really have any closure on the matter, should I???
Thanks Again!!
s-

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you much for the response!!!!! I did everything you suggested, and there was no problem with the hardware, and all my disk utilities were verified, and "passed"..... Um. so I hope that all is well. I dont really have any closure on the matter, should I???
Thanks Again!!
s-

That's odd. It would have been gratifying to have some evidence of disk structure problems or a hardware issue. I'm not sure that we've found the root cause of the issue.

Have you run Software Update from the Apple menu to see if you have any updates pending?

OP
S
Reaction score
well.. now I am updating an OS X update.... but it seems to simple of a problem to be causing this.. sometimes my screen will just flash on me, like 5 times, black or blue, reading no signal.. then it will just go back to normal work mode..
Either way, I am downloding the update right now..Keep you/me posted!?!:D
Thank you!!
s-

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well.. now I am updating an OS X update.... but it seems to simple of a problem to be causing this.. sometimes my screen will just flash on me, like 5 times, black or blue, reading no signal.. then it will just go back to normal work mode..
Either way, I am downloding the update right now..Keep you/me posted!?!:D
Thank you!!
s-

Sounds good. Maybe you were just behind on updates (let's hope so!).

OP
S
Reaction score
No Dice!=(
Upon trying to unsleep my computer this morning, i got the blue screen,no signal... So I turned the power off on the computer, and this time it was strange because the screen stayed that way while the computer was off.?. weird, so i cut the power of the monitor to, then restarted everything.
-what do you think? Computer is up to date. Is it my monitor?
lame.
thnx!!!!!!
-s-

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No Dice!=(
Upon trying to unsleep my computer this morning, i got the blue screen,no signal... So I turned the power off on the computer, and this time it was strange because the screen stayed that way while the computer was off.?. weird, so i cut the power of the monitor to, then restarted everything.
-what do you think? Computer is up to date. Is it my monitor?
lame.
thnx!!!!!!
-s-

Could be - it doesn't sound like you had a kernel panic that time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.