Airport Unable to connect to wireless network with no security

M

MikeyT

I live in a somewhat remote location and have a wireless network setup at my house with no securities setup on it, but not broadcasting the ssid. How do i go about connecting to this network? If i try to join a network using internet connect and i type in the network name i want to join, it still asks me what type of security i want to use, but there isn't any....no passwords or encryption. I just get a message saying unable to join network or the requested excryption method is not supported. It's just an open network that is seldom used (at my dads house), but i don't really want to setup alot of security on it for simplicity sake for my dad. Any help would be great, and it would be good to note that my other windows computer will connect without hassle by simply typing in the network name. Thanks if anyone might know of a solution!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.