XP print off USB printer on airport extreme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" white macbook. 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. 160GB. 2GB memory, and giving leapord a second chance.
ok, anybody good with networking?

i just got my airport extreme running, and secured with WPA2, and my macbook is printing wirelessly.. but, i can't get the XP machine to recognize the printer thats connected to the air port via USB.

here are the settings on my macbook..

airbase_printer_settings.jpg

airbase_settings.jpg

airport_settings.jpg

airport:airbase_settings.jpg

printer_default.jpg

printer_location.jpg

the XP doens't have anything similar.. they want the IP address, on that port... im lost.

the printer used to be connected to the XP all the time, so i know the drivers are correct, and up to date.. however, its not seeing it through the airport... any idea's?

1_add_printer.JPG

2_add_printer_location.JPG

3_add_printer_ip_port.JPG

4_ip_print_wizzard.JPG

OP
built b16a
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" white macbook. 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. 160GB. 2GB memory, and giving leapord a second chance.
OP
built b16a
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
built b16a
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool.. i'll have to give that a try.. i know i installed bonjour with the airport install CD.. but ive been trying to add the printer with windows print wizard. hrmm....

OP
built b16a
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
great advise! it worked flawlessly!

so now that i have a small network configured with a printer on my USB airport..

is it possible to use some type of a spliter to run my external HD also?

or would i have to plug, and unplug the printer, to the HD.. and back and forth? i wouldn't use the HD that often, but it would be nice to go to it from time to time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Just get an inexpensive hub. I have a 4 port and have two printers and an external hd plugged in. They all work perfectly with my macbook/iMac/windows machines.

OP
built b16a
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17-112-103-05.jpg

i found this on newegg.. it was the cheapest hub there.. does it have to be anything fancy?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.