I'm stumped, could someone please help?

Xp?

Reaction score
Ive been keeping a low profile in these forums for a while now. I usually get all my info from previous threads but im stumped now. I recently bought a macbook pro with mac osx version 10.4.11. I have a mac os 10.4.6 disk. Im trying to completely restore everything. It seems as though the os i have is incompatable. if this is true can some one connect me with a link to somewhere i can buy the restore disk. Im getting very anxious to use my new toy!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ive been keeping a low profile in these forums for a while now. I usually get all my info from previous threads but im stumped now. I recently bought a macbook pro with mac osx version 10.4.11. I have a mac os 10.4.6 disk. Im trying to completely restore everything. It seems as though the os i have is incompatable. if this is true can some one connect me with a link to somewhere i can buy the restore disk. Im getting very anxious to use my new toy!!

Agreed with MHC. Get a hold of Apple.

Did you purchase the MBP new? Where did the 10.4.6 DVD come from? It might not be an Intel version.

OP
X

Xp?

Reaction score
I actually bought the laptop at a swap meet. I recieved the 10.4.6 from a friend of mine that works at a comp. store. I used the 10.4.6 to reset my g4 and regular mac books. I fugured ot would work with the pro but i was wrong. If i were to call apple care should i just tell them my situation?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I actually bought the laptop at a swap meet. I recieved the 10.4.6 from a friend of mine that works at a comp. store. I used the 10.4.6 to reset my g4 and regular mac books. I fugured ot would work with the pro but i was wrong. If i were to call apple care should i just tell them my situation?

Yes, just tell them you purchased it used at a Swap Meet and it came with no DVD's.

The 10.4.6 will not work on the MBP. It's for Power PC Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white macbook:2ghz, 2gig ram and i have a 30g video ipod

yes, i think you should just call APPLE and just tell them that u bought it second hand and need a recovery disc. I am sure that they may charge you. But at least you will have it working. But would buying leopard not do the same thing? I mean what is the difference from buying the new OS and just getting a recovery disc?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Purchasing Leopard would work but all the iLife apps would be missing unless he did an Upgrade or Archive and Install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I purchased the recovery disks from apple for my Ibook.

They cost me 38$US + shipping.

Like everyone else said...call apple.

M

MacHeadCase

Research Apple's website for any of the Macs on sale: restore disks come with the bundled software included on them for exactly this, a reinstall.

OP
X

Xp?

Reaction score
I didnt purchase the mac from apple< hence the reason for this thread.

M

MacHeadCase

I can understand that, but Apple hasn't changed its practices so you can get an idea of what comes with a new Mac by looking at the website and the equivalent came with an older Mac as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.