Flash and SEO?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
My company has asked me to produce a flash front page for their website, as the current page they have is extremely dated and extremely useless.

I currently have this : www.poweradhesives.com/flash/en.html

My question is, how do I keep the site on Google etc? It is my understanding that Google has the power to indes flash sites, but im assuming its better at reading HTML.

Is it feasible to just have all the links situated at the bottom of the page, invisible to the user? That way Google will read them and they wont intrude on my Flash site?

Thanks,
Lewis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
do not do invisible text. You are Actually more likely to get docked poi ts fro
google for that. I have always just done a footer with the ok I'd I. HTML and hhen inbed the flash movie. Not as pretty but it gets the job done. Hopefully someone with more flash experience can help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I'd stay away from flash if you are concerned with SEO. If you don't have a lot of external links pointing to the site, you are dependent upon the content that search engines can read.

For my clients I use script.aculo.us instead of flash. Javascript powered animations have all the text and images that google can index.

Reaction score
Create an HTML version of the site and have the index auto-detect for Flash. If Flash is enabled, have it redirect to the proper version.

Remember, use up-to-date SEO practices with your HTML version of the site.

Don't get discouraged by the "talk on the street". There are ways to work around this issue. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.