Whats with the ordering at apple.com?

J

Jhtoxicchaos30

I ordered a G5 2.5ghz at the beginning of august and it says it wont be here till the end of september anyone know whats going on?? :confused:

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
Well, IBM is having issues with fabricating the 90mm chip that we know as the G5 or the PowerPC 970FX I think is its offical name. But anyways, they are coming out slowly so just be patient and all will be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
It's normal for Apple to be slow at first on the uptake of their own new products. In the pass, they've released new systems with hardware glitches and Apple got burnt. So now they take a little longer... surely you'll prefer to have a system that's more reliable then something that just blows.

It's like a steam engine, once up and running, things will become alright. Just be patient, best things come to those that wait... a little.

OP
L

len

hype.it said:
It's normal for Apple to be slow at first on the uptake of their own new products. In the pass, they've released new systems with hardware glitches and Apple got burnt. So now they take a little longer... surely you'll prefer to have a system that's more reliable then something that just blows.

It's like a steam engine, once up and running, things will become alright. Just be patient, best things come to those that wait... a little.

I hear ya! I ordered mine in beginning of July and it's due to be shipped by 8/31 :/

ug, less than 2 weeks to go and I'm going nuts!

-Len

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.