itunes runs at login but its not a login item. how do i stop this?

Reaction score
my itunes runs at login but its not a login item. this started after i upgraded my tiger install to leopard. itunes is not listed as a login item under my account. the only item that i have there is growl. i have even tried adding itunes and then removing it, but it still starts.
any ideas how i can stop it from running at login?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Look in /Library/StartupItems and in ~\Library\StartupItems (if they exist). Anything in those?
Also... do you have an iPod or iPhone plugged in when you login? If iTunes is set to automatically sync those devices, then perhaps that's the trouble.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
iTunes comes up here with both Tiger and Leopard as I have an iPod connected and iTunes always auto loads to sync with it. That can be stopped from happening by clicking on the First item in the Devices Menu. Uncheck "Open ITunes when iPod is connected".

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for the help all. it was the ipod. i guess it got reset some how because it was not set to load in the past.
thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.