Upgraded macbook to leopard - how do I go back to tiger?

Reaction score
Help!

upgraded to leopard.

Did it on my iMac about four weeks ago - had no issues - so decided to do my macbook - this is the critical one as its the one I take to client site.

Since then:

1. My iMac can no longer access the shared folders on my macbook - despite being on the same network - decides the password is not valid - which is annoying as most of my files are on the macbook (its mainly a file server).

2. My paralells on the macbook will no longer access the internet despite my macbook being able to!

I've just orders a mac book pro so I dont even know why I did the upgrade since I only going to be selling it on ebay in weeks time!

Can any one advise how to recover my **** up without too much time investment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Backup all your important files to a backup drive, then boot from your Tiger install DVD and do a clean install (i.e. erase the drive and start from scratch).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
BTW... Boot Camp beta for Tiger is now expired, so you won't be able to recreate a Windows installation, though you may still be able to use the existing one. So... don't touch that Windows partition when you reinstall Tiger. Be sure to backup your stuff in Windows also beforehand.

If you didn't do a clean install of Leopard the first time, then maybe you'll have better luck with it by doing it "right" this time if you want to give it another chance.

OP
M
Reaction score
Backup all your important files to a backup drive, then boot from your Tiger install DVD and do a clean install (i.e. erase the drive and start from scratch).

Which means I'll have to dig my old Dell out tomorrow as I can only install certain client software from client site

:-(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.