safari problems

Reaction score
(im new to the forums, so if this isnt the place to ask this, im sorry)

im looking for anyone that has Safari version 2 and heres why:

i have a 6 year old, 800 mhz. 256 mb ram eMac running 10.4.11
yes, i know, it should not be running 10.4.11 and it needs waaaay more memory. but im used to it running things very sluggishly. when i updated from 10.4.10 to .11 the download included safari 3 and updated my 2 to 3. problem is that my computer cant run safari 3. at all. luckily i have a copy of firefex installed for just this sort of occasion. however firefox takes several minutes to start up on my computer and runs extremely slow for basic tasks such as tab switching and opening a new tab. safari 2 ran great (still slow, but thats just the computer) it didnt hog too much of what little memory i have and it was extremely stable. ive tried to get safari 2 back on my own and i cant find any copies of it on the internet. i was hoping someone with an aging mac that still has safari 2 could help me. or anyone that knows where i could get safari 2.

any help will be appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
i am pretty sure you can download safari 3 beta via the apple website and during the install it asks you if you wish to downgrade back to version two.

Try that and see if it gives you the option.

Let me know what happens.

OP
S
Reaction score
im having a little trouble doing that, dont know how to re run the installer. but im looking into it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Safari 2.01 download, but you might give Opera a try also. Found it to use a little less memory than either Firefox or Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.