Dual Display Help

E

Eyenovation

Greetings all.
Before you flame me, I am a recent switcher.
I am making preparations for my new G4 like a family awaits a baby. :)

I am trying to figure out the best way to go dual display. Perhaps it's not even worth it for me to do so. My question is in the way OSX behaves towards dual display setups.

On my windoze box, it works like this:

mac_02.jpg

I can have a ton of windows open on my monitor, but the Start bar STAYS within the monitor on the left, recognizing it as its own seperate boundary. Though I could select it as an option, the start bar does not continue all the way across the screen.

Thus, when I expand two programs I am working in, it does not expand to fit the entire combined resolution, but rather expands to fit within the confines of the monitor it resides in.

mac_01.jpg

Does anyone know how a Mac behaves with dual monitors?
Is it the same?

Thanks for any help in getting me 'switched'.

OP
H

hokiethang

Eyenovation said:
Greetings all.
Before you flame me, I am a recent switcher.
I am making preparations for my new G4 like a family awaits a baby. :)

I am trying to figure out the best way to go dual display. Perhaps it's not even worth it for me to do so. My question is in the way OSX behaves towards dual display setups.

On my windoze box, it works like this:

mac_02.jpg

I can have a ton of windows open on my monitor, but the Start bar STAYS within the monitor on the left, recognizing it as its own seperate boundary. Though I could select it as an option, the start bar does not continue all the way across the screen.

Thus, when I expand two programs I am working in, it does not expand to fit the entire combined resolution, but rather expands to fit within the confines of the monitor it resides in.

mac_01.jpg

Does anyone know how a Mac behaves with dual monitors?
Is it the same?

Thanks for any help in getting me 'switched'.

the mac simply extends the desktop with the dual monitors, I have connected other monitors to my powerbook, and it keeps the native resolution of the lcd panel of the monitor, and it operates the other monitor at whatever native resolution it supports. You can mirror the monitors if you wish through the display panels. It does extend the desktop across the two displays, and the applications can lie across the two displays as well. I have never experimented with the dock on a boundary, but im assuming it can lie across a boundary as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.