macbook pro running slower???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.4ghz 15"
hi i just recently bought a macbook pro (2.4ghz) at first it was like a rocket.it would start up really quick! but now.. it suddenly takes longer to start up.
im wondering if i should go to apple and speak with someone. there is an
apple store near me but i think i should probaly talk directly to apple..
seen as i paid so much money for this mac.. also sometimes some programs quit without warning.. its these things that make me regret my purchase.
any answers welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
My only words are...

* It may be slower than when you first got it because there are more programs and more data, so it's loading all of it.

* You could go talk to someone at the Apple store, but I don't know how much they can do for a slower boot up.

* I understand that you paid all the money for it, (I have the same one), but don't regret the purchase. No matter what you're buying, there is always a chance you're going to have some hiccups. Just take 'em, fix 'em, and enjoy it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
hi i just recently bought a macbook pro (2.4ghz) at first it was like a rocket.it would start up really quick! but now.. it suddenly takes longer to start up.
im wondering if i should go to apple and speak with someone. there is an
apple store near me but i think i should probaly talk directly to apple..
seen as i paid so much money for this mac.. also sometimes some programs quit without warning.. its these things that make me regret my purchase.
any answers welcome.
First off...before you take it to have someone from Apple look at it, try a few things.

-Repair your permissions. Open up the Disk Utility application, and repair permissions. See if that helps with applications quitting unexpectedly. If they are readily available apps, you may want to just reinstall them.

-Check your login items. Go to system preferences>>accounts>>login items. If you have a number of things in there, startup will be slower.

-Run all maintenance scripts and reboot.

-Remove Dock shortcuts that you don't use on a regular basis.

-Reset your PRAM. I'm not positive that this will help with faster boot time, but if the computer is lagging, it will help with that. When booting, hold down CTRL + ALT + P + R. It will boot a second time. This helped a great deal when my Mini started slowing down...though I never had a problem with slow boots.

How slow are we talking, BTW? My Black MB Boots in 25 seconds, and my Mini (G4 PPC) boots in like 52 seconds. Is it taking longer than a minute?

-Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.