Mail: don't have a Junk mail folder...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Hi all,

anyone know why I don't seem to have a junk mail folder? I have a "not junk" icon, which the opposite of what I need, lol! When I drag the "junk" icon into the menu bar it turns into a "not junk" button immediately. I have junk mail filtering turned on and set to train mode. When I get junk I delete it, but that's not the same as it going to a junk folder is it?

Here's what my screen looks like (attached)

TIA!

Picture 8.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Forgive me if this isn't right on, but I believe if you go into your Preferences, somewhere in there is a checkbox (or something similar) that says to move Junk Mail to a Junk Mailbox. I had the same problem right after I updated to Leopard and freaked out that I wasn't going to have a Junk Mailbox anymore.

Check that out and see if you can find it. I'll check back later when I'm at my computer and see if you've gotten it.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Forgive me if this isn't right on, but I believe if you go into your Preferences, somewhere in there is a checkbox (or something similar) that says to move Junk Mail to a Junk Mailbox. I had the same problem right after I updated to Leopard and freaked out that I wasn't going to have a Junk Mailbox anymore.

Check that out and see if you can find it. I'll check back later when I'm at my computer and see if you've gotten it.

thank you! That made it show up. I was in training mode (which I'd like to stay in b/c I just reinstalled my OS). So if you're in training mode, what are you supposed to do with junk mail? Delete it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I suppose if you don't have a need for those, then deleting them is just fine. It's just one less step for getting the emails to the trash. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.