macbook + 16 mth old son + inkstamp= help req

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs
ok,
So I was daft enough to leave my son in the same room as the wifes macbook (white) and a inkstamp,

end result is a shiny white macbook with my car registration all over the keys, mouse pad and the body.

Funny, yes, alittle

amused, no the wife is not

So which of you gurus knows the best ways to clean up a macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
One way I found to remove smudges, black spots, and other nasty goo from the surface of the MacBook, is to use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works wonders. Just make sure water does not get under the keys. Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
One way I found to remove smudges, black spots, and other nasty goo from the surface of the MacBook, is to use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works wonders. Just make sure water does not get under the keys. Hope that helps!

Great suggestion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13 Mid 2010
Those things are amazing, don't know about ink on white plastic though..

Reaction score
try a water based paint remover. a little won't harm the surface of the macbook at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Try a little rubbing alcohol on an inconspicuous place. Should remove the ink, but do test to see if it harms the finish (shouldn't, but I have never tried it so can't say for sure)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.