Dvd Ram

Reaction score
I discovered today that my new iMac is able to read DVD RAM discs that I have from my Windows PC. This is a very useful feature for me. Perhaps it is already well known in Mac circles.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Unlike windows, the Mac will happy play with other computers. Cds - DVDs, memory sticks and hard disks formatted for PC can be read on a Mac since - well - as long as I remember (since OS7)

Welcome to the compatible and easy world of Macs ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Unlike windows, the Mac will happy play with other computers. Cds - DVDs, memory sticks and hard disks formatted for PC can be read on a Mac since - well - as long as I remember (since OS7)

Welcome to the compatible and easy world of Macs ;-)

But to write to certain media, you need to find and install other programs. NTFS?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The problem with DVD RAM is the Optical Drive in the computer has to be compatible with them. Not all drives are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.