good deal?

Reaction score
I've been considering purchasing a mac mini for some time now, and this morning I found a refurbished 1.83ghz core duo with superdrive for $479 on the mac website. I'm planning on buying two gigs of ram to replace the 512 that it comes with (pitiful, i know). I understand that this isn't going to be a top speed machine... I just want a desktop that will get me through my last 1.5 years of college, and for under $550 I think it seems like a great way to get introduced to mac. Do you think this was a good deal for a refurbished older model, or should I hold off and wait for the 2.0ghz core 2 duos to be on the refurbished page?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You might as well buy now. The Mini is a great little machine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I've been considering purchasing a mac mini for some time now, and this morning I found a refurbished 1.83ghz core duo with superdrive for $479 on the mac website. I'm planning on buying two gigs of ram to replace the 512 that it comes with (pitiful, i know). I understand that this isn't going to be a top speed machine... I just want a desktop that will get me through my last 1.5 years of college, and for under $550 I think it seems like a great way to get introduced to mac. Do you think this was a good deal for a refurbished older model, or should I hold off and wait for the 2.0ghz core 2 duos to be on the refurbished page?

I suggest your price match at ebay or here:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/stats/mac_mini_cd_1.83-specs.html

As far as waiting for the bigger and better model the choice is yours. One thing I can say is that if you wait for the bigger and better model you may never buy because something new is always around the corner.

LRB

Reaction score
Don't buy any extra ram until after you receive the mini,sometimes Apple will ship refurbs with more ram,or bigger hard drives than advertised.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.