pixel question

Reaction score
when I bought my iBook way back when and realized I had a stuck pixel I was so distraught. I couldn't believe apple wouldn't replace it the next day. At any rate, the time has come for a new laptop and I would like to avoid this issue. Will they check out the laptop before you leave the store( is there any solutions for a new buyer?

Also, does anyone have a link to a good website that tests the pixels?

Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
when I bought my iBook way back when and realized I had a stuck pixel I was so distraught. I couldn't believe apple wouldn't replace it the next day. At any rate, the time has come for a new laptop and I would like to avoid this issue. Will they check out the laptop before you leave the store( is there any solutions for a new buyer?

Also, does anyone have a link to a good website that tests the pixels?

Thanks!

It's not uncommon for companies to refuse to replace a display over a few dead pixels. With that said, nothing is stopping you from asking to see the unit you're buying before you actually buy it, if it's a big concern for you.

I think dead pixels are less of a problem these days, now that LCDs are so much more mass-produced.

Even still, if you're worried about it, I'd just ask to see the unit you're buying before you buy it. Then, pop a utility like this onto a flash drive and run it on the machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.