Refurbished mac books as good as new?

Reaction score
hey, i was just wondering if refurbished mac books were as good as new ones and if they were upgradeable like the new ones? also, can new mac books burn dvd-r's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Yes, Yes, Yes.

Enjoy!

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I also have a question in this area.

If a refurbished mac is worth getting, which will be at a lower cost than a brand new mac, what does refurbished mean? has it been repaired, parts replaced, etc

How reliable would a refurbished mac be compared to a brand new one worth say $200 more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would say equally to more reliable. Refurbished could mean a customer returned the product because they didn't like it. Apple will still need to inspect the computer and do all of its testing and replace the casing if the customer used it or scratched it or something. Refurbished means plenty of things.
I've bought 5 refurbished products from Apple in 2 years (an iPod mini, 40GB iPod 3G, MacBook, iMac, Mac Pro.) The only product I ever had an ounce of trouble with is the 3G iPod and they let me return it for full credit after having it for a month.
I've got extra FREE RAM when I purchased the Macbook and Mac Pro. The Macbook said it came with 512MB RAM and it came with 1GB. The Mac Pro said it came with 1GB RAM and it had 2GB installed.

Reaction score
I just purchased a refurbished MBP a little over a week ago, and it is absolutely flawless and works fantastic! Same warranty....everything identical...save for the extra bucks I would have had to pay.

Reaction score
I have two refurbished MacBook’s. One was in great shape and the other has needed some work, but has been fixed my apple for free. Both were in great physical condition and looked new.

If money is an issue I would recommend trying to get an education discount for a new one, because the new MacBooks have been upgraded and I don’t believe they are for sale as refurbs yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Thanks for the info:) I've seen a refurbished iMac that would save me some money. I will have to check into it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.