Lab Tick 0.7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 & PowerBook G4
Hello everyone,

I saw that Lab Tick has been discussed here before, so I thought I would let you know that after a long time of inactivity, version 0.7 has been completed and released today. The new version includes customizable hot keys as well as better support for both Leopard and Tiger than previous versions did.

If you have a PowerBook or MacBook Pro with a backlit keyboard, you can download the new version now.

Cheers,
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Never heard of it, but it looks cool. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hey Alex, I assume you're the developer?

Thanks for posting this! I used to use Labtick all the time when I used to work for Gravis (I'm sure you've heard of them).

It was the only way we could show off the Macbook Pro's keyboard properly - it's normally too bright for the keyboard to come on in showrooms...

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Aptmunich,

Hey Alex, I assume you're the developer?

Thanks for posting this! I used to use Labtick all the time when I used to work for Gravis (I'm sure you've heard of them).

It was the only way we could show off the Macbook Pro's keyboard properly - it's normally too bright for the keyboard to come on in showrooms...

yes I am the developer. You're welcome - I love to hear about all the different ways that people use this tool. :)

Gruß aus Bremen!

Alex

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello everyone,

I saw that Lab Tick has been discussed here before, so I thought I would let you know that after a long time of inactivity, version 0.7 has been completed and released today. The new version includes customizable hot keys as well as better support for both Leopard and Tiger than previous versions did.

I have tweaked Lab Tick a lot since I posted this message. Version 0.8.2 has been released today, and since 0.7 the following things have been added/changed:

• Italian localization
  • power management
  • reduced CPU usage
  • minor bugs eliminated & other tweaks

Lab Tick is available for free, but I do encourage donations. I am currently running a fundraiser to help raise the money for a new development machine. You can find out more about it (and donate, if you wish) on my blog.

Cheers,
Alex

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.