Quicktime/Vista issues

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone out there know of compatibility issues with QT and Vista? I'm finishing a Director project containing QT files intended for both Mac and PC audience and usually put QT installer on the DVD disc but have heard of issues recently. I could use a little guidance.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
When I was using my PC, I had one huge issue with QT. Some QT movies I had would not render the video correctly...lots of large pixelation and what appeared to be the video not updating with the audio.

I did some research online, and found this was a relatively common issue, and that no "fix" was yet available, although this was a few months back. The only work-around I found was to put the QT file on an external drive and play it that way. I also found it unusual that the file would not play correctly on my Vista desktop, but would play fine on my wife's Vista laptop. Just one of the many reasons I switched. :)

Sean

Reaction score
Help

Hi
Anyone out there know of compatibility issues with QT and Vista? I'm finishing a Director project containing QT files intended for both Mac and PC audience and usually put QT installer on the DVD disc but have heard of issues recently. I could use a little guidance.

Regards and thanks in advance.

HI, I am experiencing the same issue with a Director Application which incorporates Quicktime movies.
if you have found any solution, can you please let me know.

thanks
Raja

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.